Head of Open Banking Delivery
Mandated by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) on behalf of the UK government, open banking forces the UK’s biggest banks to share their data securely with approved third parties in order to bring more competition and innovation to financial services. A year after its introduction into the UK financial market, the Head of Open Banking Delivery for HSBC, Georgios Miltiadous, discusses how their open banking journey is progressing, the lessons they have learned so far and their plans to roll out globally.
An update from Europe
- Delivery update across the market (UK & Europe)
- An update from the ecosystem 1 year on - who has entered the market and why?
- What are new players using the data for?
- What use cases have been introduced into the market?
- How has the customer experience changed and what are customers’ attitudes towards Open Banking?
- Transition - The bigger picture: which countries are taking steps to introduce Open Banking and how do approaches vary between them?
- The challenges of delivery and how to address them.
- How HSBC are propagating what they have done in the UK globally
- Creating a modular architecture which can be taken out to other markets.
- Why it is easier the second time round - lessons learned
- Transition – threats and opportunities for legacy banks
The HSBC Case Study : Commercialization of Open Banking and Seizing Opportunities
- Connected Money
- Artha (marketplace)
- credit decision making
- commercial banking
- How HSBC took the leap to seize the Open Banking opportunity
- Why Open Banking requires a unique approach
- The importance and benefits of partnerships with third parties
- Changing the culture within the senior management
What the workshop will cover:
- Take on the ‘role’ of an Open Banking ecosystem participant and walk through scenarios which could arise, discussing the possible hurdles and solutions
- This will include discussion around:
- regulatory requirements and differing approaches
- strategic frameworks for addressing open banking
- effective delivery