Open Banking UK
Pre-Conference Interactive Workshops: Monday, 20th May 2019
Monday, May 20th, 2019
9:00 AM Expectations and Lessons Learned: Open Banking UK Share Their Expertise and Guide Your Open Banking Journey
What the workshop will cover:
- Current position: Discuss and evaluate where your business stands in this space
- Broaden your understanding of how much regulations will steer development
- Understand what the need will be on a technology level
- Familiarize yourself with the intricacies of testing, tech stacks and security
- Learn to recognize the gap between regulation and opportunities to build on top of the regulation, in order to align with business objectives
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 21st May 2019
Tuesday, May 21st, 2019
9:10 AM Open Banking UK Give An Update From Europe One Year On – Lessons Learned and Recommendations
With the uncertainties which exist around the CDR and Open Banking in the Australian market, what can we learn from those who have already experienced this change? This session will allow an overview of the different stages of implementation in the UK as well as the considerations which should be made based on a hindsight perspective. A certain amount of adaptation with regards outlook towards the Open Banking initiative is necessary and here Open Banking UK will discuss why and what the opportunities available are.
- One year on: an update from the UK and Europe on how Open Banking has been integrated into the financial ecosystem and the subsequent effects felt by business.
- Use cases: tangible examples of real-time applications, implemented as a result of Open Banking legislation
- What are they key considerations to be made on the road to Open Banking application?
- Lessons learned along the way to take stock of moving forward
Getting on the front foot:
- The challenges of preparing for Open Banking with political uncertainty as to whether it will be put on hold in Australia
- Changing the mindset from compliance to prioritization of development strategy
- Recognizing the benefits – opportunities for financial gain
- How can API frameworks benefit your ecosytems in the long term?