Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 20th June 2018
9:00 am - 9:20 am Coffee & Registration
9:30 am - 10:10 am Harnessing Open Data As An Opportunity to Innovate and Engage Customers for Increased Market ShareRyan Gonsalves, Head of Innovation and Change,AMP Bank
Open Banking will mark the start of a new digital banking era and has the potential to redistribute market share. The Open Banking Regime may provide an opportunity for financial services to better use new technology and data to develop unique service offerings and further grow their market share. In this session, hear from a bank who is looking at innovation through collaboration as a key strategy to set up their deliverables and thrive in the Open Banking Transition.
In this session…
- Understand the importance of developing new business models in the face of an open banking environment
- Gain insight into the importance of developing digital capabilities to thrive in an evolving banking era
- Recognize the importance of being agile and responsive in a disruptive financial industry
- Understand the importance of developing innovative, customer-centric product offerings
Ryan GonsalvesHead of Innovation and Change
10:10 am - 10:40 am Morning Tea
10:40 am - 11:20 am New Business Models: Accelerating Innovation Through Partnerships and Collaboration to Achieve Long-Term GrowthErik Fenna, Chief Information Officer,P&N Bank
Major players are looking towards international leaders, as well as start-ups for an innovative strategy in an evolving digital world. If managed effectively, these partnerships and collaborations will have implications for long-term success. In this session; hear a success story from a bank who has researched heavily overseas, benchmarking with international leaders and worked with various FinTechs to set up their platforms and deliver an effective strategy ready for Open Banking.
In this session…
- Understand the importance of new business models in the face of an open banking environment
- Recognise the benefits of using the experiences of UK/EU Banks as a benchmark for open banking strategies
- Gain insight the importance of developing digital capabilities to avoid being dis-intermediated by disruptors
11:20 am - 12:00 pm Fintech Panel Discussion: The Importance of Innovation- What Are the Emerging Technologies That Should You Should Embrace to Avoid Disruption?Kent Kwan, Co-Founder,Atlas Trend Van Le, Co-Founder & Customer Innovation Director,Xinja
Prior to the Open Banking Regime gaining momentum, large banks in Australia have generally been protected from competition and maintained significant market share. New technologies and emerging disruptors in the financial sector have, and will continue to change these dynamics, with 36% of Australian CFOs recognising that keeping pace with changing technology as a priority (Robert Half). It is evident that innovation is a key response to open banking. Hear from Fintechs who are embracing new technologies and innovations, and will discuss the key digital trends that banks should explore.
In this session, our fintech panellists will discuss;
- The new technologies that are set to disrupt banking strategies
- The implications of a redistributed market share
- How to develop strategies in response to disruptors
Van LeCo-Founder & Customer Innovation Director
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm Reassessing Banking Priorities to Drive Innovative Customer Experiences in an Open Banking LandscapeDavid Lochrie, GM Digital and Integration,ME Bank
Open Banking will give rise to non-financial intermediaries, aggregators and fintechs, increasing competition and changing consumer expectations. This will empower customers to seek out financial products that are best suited to their needs. In this evolving environment, it is important to understand your customers’ perspectives and needs and develop innovative customer experiences for market retention and attraction.
In this session…
- Discuss and debate the changing customer expectations in banking products
- Gain insight into strategies to harness open banking to drive innovative customer experiences
- Understand how integration platforms can be leveraged to place the customer experience at the forefront
David LochrieGM Digital and Integration
1:40 pm - 2:20 pm Harnessing Partnerships to Accelerate Readiness and Thrive in the Open Banking TransitionAndrew Bell, Head of Information Technology,Bank Australia
The global financial sector is facing disruptions and new technologies, especially from Fintechs and start-ups. However, instead of resisting disruptors, an innovative strategy might involve collaborating with the Fintechs, who embrace new technologies. In this session, hear from Bank Australia who are working with DataAction who have developed an API layer and establish a readiness platform in preparation for the Open Banking Transition.
In this session…
- Understand the importance of researching internationally and being responsive and agile to trends
- Gain insight into the importance of developing digital capabilities to avoid being dis-intermediated by disruptors
- Recognise the importance of harnessing APIs to understand consumer needs
Andrew BellHead of Information Technology
2:20 pm - 3:50 pm Afternoon Tea
3:50 pm - 4:30 pm Leveraging Digital Innovations to Develop a Seamless Customer Experience for Increased Retention
In today’s rapidly evolving digital world, consumers are habituated to services that are personalised to their wants and needs, and expect the same from their financial services. Open banking will open up the door to smaller players, and in order to differentiate yourself from competition, customer experience is key. It is estimated that 60% of customers utilise a smartphone for their banking, and they are looking for apps that are simple, streamline, yet all-inclusive. In this session, hear from an industry leader who has developed a streamline digital strategy which grants customers immediate access to banking services in a convenient and seamless way.
In this session…
- Understand the market research undertaken to assess customer needs
- Gain insight into process behind the development of a successful digital strategy
- Discuss the implications of this digital strategy in the face of an Open Banking Regime
4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Panel Discussion: What Does the Future and Reality of Open Data Look Like and How Do We Harness This Disruption in the Response to Open Banking?Simon Clarke, Manager- Digital Self Service,Suncorp Group Scott Wall, Chief Innovation Officer,BankVic Drew Unsworth, Head of Digital Banking Transformation and Performance,Business Bank Westpac
Open banking will mark the start of a new digital banking era and will lead to increased innovation, collaboration, product offerings and customer choice, as well as opening up the door to new players. Not only will this transform financial institutions, but the entire industry as a whole. Banks will eventually become digital platforms, opening both their product and product data, and ultimately every player in the digital finance game will share the same customer base.
Our panellists will discuss;
- Their opinions on the new digital banking era
- The implications of an open data world
- How strategies might play out in the next 10 years
Simon ClarkeManager- Digital Self Service
Scott WallChief Innovation Officer
Drew UnsworthHead of Digital Banking Transformation and Performance
Business Bank Westpac